JMC ensured that the deployment of our new system was a very positive experience.
Unified Communications Tab Nav
Enhancing your communications
Unified communication solutions help make your channels of communication as efficient and effective as possible.
And by enabling your people to communicate fully - no matter where they may be and what device they have available – your business is taken to the next level.
And of course, streamlining your communications can bring real benefits to your relationships with customers, prospects and suppliers, crucial in today’s increasingly competitive environment.
Unified communications solutions help you to:
- Access information as, when and how you need it. All data is highly accessible, so users can access the information they require from multiple devices – be that a mobile phone, PC, laptop, web browser, PDA or even a conventional telephone.
- Gain technological insights. The best unified communications solutions go one step further, using intelligent technology to determine where a recipient is and the best way to contact them at a given point in time.
- Break down communication barriers. Providing your employees, suppliers and clients with flexible access to you and each other, unified communications solutions break down the traditional barriers to communication, accelerating the productivity of your workforce – keeping your business one step ahead of the competition.
- Simplify your IT processes and maximise your investment. With easy integration with your existing telecoms systems, unified communications solutions can be developed around your existing infrastructure, causing minimal disruption to your day-to-day operations. And untangling the complexity of your systems to maximise your investment.
- Attract and retain customers. Unified communications solutions help your customers reach the right person at the right time, using their preferred method of choice. By surpassing their expectations in the delivery of exceptional customer service, unified communications solutions help build customer loyalty and take advantage of sales opportunities.
- Retain the best employees. Giving your people the tools they require to do their jobs properly, without unnecessary frustration, unified communications solutions help ensure maximum efficiency and job satisfaction.
Are unified communications solutions suitable for your business?
Unified communications solutions are suitable for all business types but particularly:
- Those with a highly mobile, geographically dispersed workforce and/or operations.
- Businesses which require a high level of customer service and interaction.
- Those with a demand for instant access to information, regardless of location or available devices.
- Organisations that want to lower their carbon footprint and improve Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) procedures through virtual collaboration and communication methods.
- Those that want to reduce operational and travel costs whilst improving productivity, collaboration and communication.
JMC has an extensive portfolio of unified communications technologies that can be integrated into the majority of IT networks and telephony systems.
Access all areas
Access to unified communication technology used to be the preserve of enterprise level organisations, but developments from organisations such as Microsoft, Cisco and others mean that, today, all businesses can take advantage of the benefits of this progressive business tool.
And at JMC we understand that relationships lie at the heart of every organisation and that effective communication is the lynch-pin between you, your colleagues, your clients and your suppliers. We also understand that organisations tend to spend more on communication services and equipment than on any other area of their IT investment – so it’s important to get it right.
Unified communications solutions help with:
IP Telephony allows a phone system to be integrated into a computer network thereby reducing the maintenance costs associated with separate communications networks. Conversations are treated in the same way as any other data, allowing speech and voicemail to be recorded, searched, shared and saved across locations. Users are issued with a single phone number, which can be transferred to any network attached phone, across the Internet or existing data lines, providing flexibility for remote or home working.
Presence aware applications
Applications such as Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 and Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 allow users to be contacted in the right place, on the right device, the first time, by recognising presence or availability and routing telephone calls, emails and instant messages in the most appropriate way. A person’s presence and most appropriate communication method can be easily seen on screen, even within common applications.
With a single ‘inbox’ for voice, email and fax accessible from anywhere via a PC or phone, unified messaging ensures that your employees are as contactable as your organisation needs. Removing the restrictions of a PC and office phone, an online log-in or call to a single number not only provides access to voicemail, but also to your inbox, allowing retrieval of email, use of your calendar and even virtual meetings whilst you are out of the office. And with voice recognition and text to speech technology also available, you can send and reply to emails as voice data files via any phone, from anywhere.
Previously an exercise requiring heavy investment in expensive technology, video conferencing is now accessible to anyone with a PC and Internet connection. The technology allows participants across remote locations to interact with each other online, with enhanced audio and video connections and the opportunity to share documents across a conference group. As travel is eliminated significant economic and environmental benefits are achieved and the ‘ad hoc’ meeting becomes a reality.
Instant messaging (IM) becomes a true business tool, with the opportunity to interact and respond to individuals or to groups of contacts immediately. With the introduction of ‘saveable’ messaging and the ability to attach documents for review mid-conversation, IM provides increased collaboration across working parties and maximises responsiveness.
Call recording options are available to capture and retrieve calls with the minimum of fuss for regulatory compliance or for business improvement through higher levels of customer satisfaction. It works with all technologies – ISDN, SIP and VoIP – in whatever combination is required and includes high level encryption.