JMC ensured that the deployment of our new system was a very positive experience.
Effective storage management
Despite the importance of business critical data, many organisations still store the majority of their information on a server, looking no further than ensuring a viable backup on tape.
Today however, how and where you store your business data has a significant impact on the effectiveness of your organisation; influencing your overall performance, stability, resilience and level of future proofing.
And despite concerns about the high costs associated with employing more advanced storage systems, as technologies have evolved, the cost of such solutions are not now as restrictive as you may think. This is particularly true with regard to Storage Area Network (SAN) solutions.
All organisations would benefit from a SAN however historically the costs involved have meant that they were only affordable by larger enterprises. However the last few years have seen the costs tumble and SANs are now realistic options for small and medium sized organisations as well.
As one of only 15 Dell Premier Partners here in the UK, JMC has the proven and certified expertise to advise you on specific business benefits of SANs - as well as professionally designing, implementing and supporting the appropriate solution.
Deploying a SAN helps you:
- Reduce costs. A SAN avoids a situation where there is spare capacity in a server that cannot be accessed by another server that has itself run out of space. All the disk capacity exists in a single place and is shared between servers according to demand.
- Reduce the environmental impact of your IT systems. When used in conjunction with server virtualisation a SAN helps minimise the number of physical servers you need, reducing energy consumption and heat dissipation costs.
- Improve performance. A SAN usually has higher performance disks systems that deliver faster access to business critical systems.
- Increase resilience and stability. If server virtualisation is used alongside a SAN, it is possible to make the overall system more resilient and stable as virtual servers can be moved almost instantly between physical devices as demand or maintenance dictates.
- Future proof your business. SAN storage offers many different options for long term storage of data. Some data needs to be available at high speed, other data can be stored on lower speed systems that offer very high capacities. SANs allow a mix and match approach to be taken to optimise long term storage costs against performance.
Ensure highly effective disaster recovery and business continuity. By storing your critical data independently of your server.
The space you need. At a price you can afford.
Following its acquisition of EqualLogic, Dell has led the market in driving down the costs of storage area networks (SANs), and the associated implementation and running costs, to a level that small and medium organisations can now realistically afford.
What’s more, Dell has also removed some of the high technology requirements associated with SANs, such as fibre channel equipment to link to servers, so what three years ago might have cost over £100,000, can now be achieved simply and reliably for a fraction of this amount.
By adopting EqualLogic SAN systems, in conjunction with server virtualisation, you can reduce your costs, reduce the environmental impact of your IT systems, improve your business performance, increase your resilience and stability, and future proof your business. All with highly effective disaster recovery and business continuity solutions which also used to be out of economic reach of small and medium sized businesses.
At JMC we are a Dell Premier Partner and are capable of designing and supporting solutions that can make a substantial difference to the way your IT systems support your business.