JMC ensured that the deployment of our new system was a very positive experience.
Lean and Green
As organisations adopt IT solutions to save money and improve efficiency, they are also discovering the significant environmental benefits such technologies can bring. Benefits such as reductions in energy consumption, travel and carbon emissions. In short, being lean is good for the environment and being green is good for business.
For office buildings, ICT typically accounts for more than 20% of the energy used, and in some offices up to 70%.
JMC has a number of solutions that can help your organisation to improve its bottom line as well as reducing its environmental impact. These include:
- Energy efficient technology. Replacing ageing equipment such as personal computers, printers and servers with energy efficient modern alternatives can make a significant difference to your energy costs and carbon footprint.
- Using virtualisation technologies. Allowing your servers to be consolidated to a much smaller number – reducing energy costs and carbon footprint. In addition fewer servers mean less heat and therefore less energy required to air condition your server room.
- Unified communications solutions. Allowing businesses of all sizes to introduce conferencing technology, reducing the need to travel to meetings and allowing staff to work as effectively from home as they can in the office.
- Remote working technologies. Allowing employees to work from home as if they were sat at their desk – especially if used in conjunction with unified communications solutions – reducing travelling and its environmental damage, and improving quality of life.
- Information management systems. Based around Microsoft SharePoint, Office and Exchange which ensure easy access and the retrieval of key information – reducing the amount of documents needing to be printed.
- Power management systems. Which hibernate or shutdown equipment that does not need to be left on 24 hours a day.
- Using a laptop rather than desktop PC. Resultiing in reduced power usage.
At JMC we offer all the above as well as a host of practical advice on further simple steps that can be taken to make your IT greener.